Good Morning everyone! How are you? 🙂
I’m doing well- I got some extra sleep this morning because I accidentally slept through my alarm. Not to worry though, I’m going to boot camp at 3:15 then running a few miles after. This might be the new Wednesday ritual, if it works out, because I need to work on my strength!
I didn’t have the energy to make Banana Soft-Serve last night, but I’m hoping to do so tonight. You’ll love it- I promise.
I did, however, work on some great portable breakfast ideas.
One of my favorites is OOIAJ- or, Overnight Oats In A Jar. This is a delicious creation that you can only make when you have a nearly empty peanut or nut butter jar.
But, as this is pretty rare, I have an alternate solution. Overnight Oats In A Tupperware 😀
- put 1/2 cup rolled oats in a small bowl
- add 1/2 cup milk & 1/2 cup yogurt- any kind would work but I think unflavored or vanilla is best- vanilla will add a nice, slightly sweet touch
- add flax meal or wheat germ as desired
- add a scoop of nut butter if desired (I need a little healthy fat in the morning or I’ll be dying of hunger an hour later)
- mix up and keep in the fridge overnight
When you wake up, add toppings and go. Toppings I like: banana, granola, chopped nuts, berries. The possibilities are endless.
This breakfast is great anytime but it’s especially delicious in the summer. It’s cold, creamy, and kind of doughy. I love it!
This was my breakfast. Oats, milk, vanilla yogurt. Topped with TJ’s cinnamon almonds (these are quickly becoming my favorite oatmeal topper, ever) and a lot of blackberries.
I packed it up and ate it right before Civ Pro, which worked wonderfully.
If you’re looking for a healthy breakfast on the go, give Over Night Oats a try. You won’t be disappointed! 😀
Have a great day!