Hey there 🙂 Hope you’re having a great Friday!
I’m back, as promised, with the best oatmeal ever.
Looks good, doesn’t it?
I’ve been keeping this secret for a few days now- I’m sorry. We’re friends, I shouldn’t be keeping secrets from you.
Super Awesome Creamy Oatmeal
- Add 1/2 cup of old fashioned rolled oats to a spice grinder- Note: I used a spice/coffee grinder, but I think a blender or food processor would probably work too
- Grind oats until they’re slightly less than powdered
- Bring 1/2 cup milk & 1/2 cup water to a boil on the stove
- Add oats
- Add 1 small (or 1/2 large) chopped banana
- Whisk together & let cook for about 4 minutes
Top with nut butter, berries, granola, raisins, apples- anything!
I suppose this is actually more of a porridge than an oatmeal, but who eats porridge these days?
Until Oliver Twist comes back from the depths of Brit Lit, I’ll continue to call this oatmeal.
The smoothest, creamiest, most delicious oatmeal you could ever hope to have on a cold, rainy morning 🙂
You should probably give this a try tomorrow and let me know if you like it.
I think you will 🙂