I’m currently writing this blog post in class- shh, don’t tell 😉
But, by the time I get home at night I just don’t feel like turning my computer back on. Or writing. Or doing anything, for that matter. I keep telling myself only two more weeks of night class but honestly, that feels like an eternity.
I remember when I was younger and my Dad was going back to school to get his teaching degree at night. Wow- I give him and my Mom so much more credit for that trying time after working all day and going to class at night. This is not for the faint of heart, folks!
Such a busy day requires lots of planning when it comes to meals and workouts. Sometimes, you have to get up early to workout and sometimes, you need a 15 minute, meatless taco recipe. At least I can deliver on one of those 😉
Black Bean & Corn Tacos
- 2 ears of corn, cut off the cob (or thawed frozen corn)
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 chopped green pepper
- flour or corn tortillas
- Toppings: fresh cherry tomatoes, Greek yogurt or sour cream, salsa, cheese, fresh cilantro– anything else you can think of!
This is so simple it’s crazy:
- cut the corn off the cob and sautee in a heated pan
- add chopped green pepper and cook until both are just softening- you want to keep a little of the delicious crunch!
- add can of black beans and heat through
- heat tortillas in a warm pan on the stove, in the oven, or in the microwave
Fill tortillas with the corn & black bean filling. Top with desired toppings- I topped mine with tomatoes, Greek yogurt, a little cheese, and fresh cilantro from my garden.
Fresh, healthy and delicious. This is such a great weeknight meal that won’t wreck your diet like the drive-thru will- and, it could easily be made vegan!
Another bonus, I made beef tacos for Schock so I had at least 3 servings of this filling leftover. That’s 3 extra meals of two tacos each guys. Talk about quick lunches for the rest of the week 🙂
Give this quick meal a try- or change it up with different veggies and let me know! I could always use more quick, healthy recipes 🙂
Have a great night friends, the week is on the downward slope!