Tonight I did something I rarely do: I made a Weight Watchers recipe.
Don’t get me wrong, I think Weight Watchers is great and has a long record of success in helping people lose weight & keep it off. However, I don’t necessarily like that it allows so much fake food. I love that you can eat as many fruits & vegetables as you want, but don’t like all of the substitutes and diety-type foods you can eat for fewer points than the real version. I guess it just doesn’t seem healthy to me.
But, for tonight, allow me to step down from my real food soapbox because I am singing a different tune.
These cupcakes are so full of chemicals and gunk, it’s ridiculous. But they are also insanely delicious and require only two ingredients. So go ahead, indluge. Preservatives keep wrinkles away 😉
Weight Watchers Orange Cream Cupcakes:
- preheat oven to 350*
- mix one can of diet orange soda with one box of white cake mix
- stir to combine (some lumps are okay, although they don’t really bake out)
- pour into a lined cupcake pan
- bake for 15-20 minutes, mine baked for 20 but my oven is terrible
- mix 1/4 cup powdered sugar with 2 tablespoons diet orange soda
- add more sugar or soda as needed, to make a slightly runny glaze
- drizzle over top of cooled cupcakes
Serve & enjoy! These are seriously so good- I don’t know how it works, but the soda makes the cupcakes incredibly cakey and moist. I ate two right out of the oven and now I have a sugar coma 🙂
Note: You can use regular soda or diet- I’ve tried both and it works both ways. The regular soda is slightly better, in my opinion. Obviously it’s less “diety” if you use regular!
Annnnnd now, I’m going to go work out. Have a great night! 🙂